Friday, October 30, 2009

New Projected Pitching Matchups

Well Charlie Manuel threw us all a curveball by announcing his plans to start Joe Blanton in Game Four rather than going with Cliff Lee on three days rest. Barring a similarly stupid decision from Girardi, this is what we're looking at for pitching matchups for the rest of the series. I'll throw in games one and two as well just for the hell of it.

Game One- Sabathia/Lee

Game Two- Burnett/Martinez

Game Three- Pettitte/Hamels

Game Four- Sabathia/Blanton

Game Five- Burnett/Lee

Game Six- Pettitte/Martinez (!)

Game Seven- Sabathia/Hamels

I understand why Manuel made this move with Lee's lack of experience on three days rest. However, it makes me much more confident about the Yankees chances when I know that Lee only has one game left in the series, rather than two. With Lee going on three days rest, I was having a tough time seeing the Yanks wrangle this series back from Philly. However, now I see the Yanks having the pitching advantage. I still think this is going to go the distance with the Yankees finally coming out on top

blog comments powered by Disqus