Friday, October 16, 2009

Ronan Tynan is an Idiot

You won't be seeing any of Ronan Tynan at Yankee Stadium this fall thanks to his recent anti-semitic remarks. Here's more from Tom Llamas and Michael Clancy:
The trouble began on Thursday when the 49-year-old Tynan bumped into a Halstead Property real estate agent showing an apartment on his floor to a potential buyer, a pediatrician from NYU Medical Center.

The real estate agent said to the tenor, famous for his association with Yankees, “Don’t worry they are not Red Sox fans,” according to the apartment-hunter, Dr. Gabrielle Gold-von Simson.

To which Tynan replied, "I don’t care about that, as long as they are not Jewish," Gabrielle Gold-von Simson told NBC New York.

“Why is that?” asked a flabbergasted Gold-von Simson of the singer.

And Tynan responded that Jewish ladies had been looking at the apartment before and they were "scary," according to Gold-von Simson.
He later apologized, saying "I would never want to hurt anybody's feelings. It was stupid of me to be so callous." “I’m not anti-Semitic and I have never been in my life,” Tynan told NBC New York. “There are three members of my band that are Jewish. And I love them like brothers. I call them my brothers from another mother.”

"A lot of my friends are Jewish," said Tynan. "It's something misfortunate, I was too stupid with my mouth."

It turns out that the lady did accept his apology and believed it was sincere, but the damage was already done.

blog comments powered by Disqus