Saturday, October 17, 2009

Some interesting notes for you.

Here's a few notes from the LoHud blog and Josh Thomson, found some of this interesting.
.............................................................................
• Alex Rodriguez admitted he ran through the stop sign of Rob Thomson (no relation) on Hideki Matsui’s double in the fifth. “Once I saw the go (sign), I put my head down,” Rodriguez said. “It was my mistake.”
• The double was Matsui’s 10th in an LCS, tying him with Bernie Williams for the most all-time.
• This was just the second homerless game at the new stadium. The last came in a 3-0 loss to the Nationals on June 18. That’s in 84 games. Wow. The wind obviously blew in tonight, likely costing Vladimir Guerrero (fourth) and Robinson Cano (sixth) homers.
• Figgins is now 0 for 16 in the ‘09 postseason.
• The Yankees improved to 82-4 this year when leading after seven innings. They are also now 52-1 when holding opponents to two runs or less.
• Teixeira said his foot did come off the bag in the sixth, when Sabathia made a nice play on a squibber from Torii Hunter and threw to first. Hunter and Mike Scioscia protested, but Teixeira believed his foot was on the bag when he caught the ball.
• Jose Molina played coy on whether or not he will catch A.J. Burnett in Game 2: “He hasn’t said anything to you guys, so he hasn’t said anything to me.”
• Here’s Johnny Damon, who, following a miserable September and early October, had two hits and scored two runs: “Well, you know, sometimes in this game you need to have some luck, but you also need to go out and work hard and try to figure out what went wrong in Game 3. But I also understand this game and in the playoffs. So I was just happy we won Game 3. I wasn’t too terribly upset at myself. But I also knew I had to get in and get my work in and try to get back to the way I swung the bat earlier in the season.”
• Damon snapped an 0-for-10 skid, as did Nick Swisher. They had been hitless since their second at-bats in Game 1 of the Division Series.

Can check out more here

.............................................................................

Good to see Chone Figgins struggling, keep him off the bases. Nice to see Damon come alive and congrats to Hideki, he's got himself in the post-season record books.

blog comments powered by Disqus