Friday, October 2, 2009

Some Playoff Ticket Info

First here's a press release from the Yankees regarding playoff ticket sales:

Tickets for 2009 American League Division Series (ALDS) and American League Championship Series (ALCS) games at Yankee Stadium will go on sale to the public on Monday, October 5 at 10:00 a.m. Tickets will be sold online only at yankees.com from the start of Monday's on-sale until 9:00 a.m. on the date of the Yankees' first scheduled ALDS home game.

Beginning at 9:00 a.m. on the date of the Yankees' first scheduled ALDS home game, tickets will be available online at yankees.com and at Yankee Stadium Advance Ticket Windows.

Please note that ALDS and ALCS tickets will not be available for purchase at Yankees Clubhouse Shops or through Ticketmaster outlets or phone sales.

Due to the limited number of tickets available for sale, those purchasing tickets will be limited to two tickets to one game of the ALDS or two tickets to one game of the ALCS, subject to availability. Orders exceeding the assigned ticket limits will be cancelled without contact from Ticketmaster or the New York Yankees.

The AP is also reporting that the Yankees will add 60 cafe seats on the field level and will also sell 200 standing room only tickets on the field and main levels.
The cafe seats will cost $81 for the division series and $131 for the league championship series, and standing places will go for $30 and $25 in the first round and $64 and $48 in the second round. New York will put a limited amount of regular seats plus the new areas on sale Monday on its Web site. Buyers are limited to two tickets for one game of one series,
It kinda sucks that the standing room areas that people, including myself, utilized for free throughout the year will now be sectioned off for only those people with tickets. It was actually a great option for people who didn't like the seats they originally bought. One night I had some upper deck seats that were way up and in the corner, so instead I walked down to the field level and watched the entire game from right behind home plate. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait till next year to do that again. The Yanks are going to get every penny they can from their fans for these games, and honestly, you can't blame them.

23 Comments:

Anonymous said...

The Yankees will be sweept anyway so just save your money.

Anonymous said...

From your good friend JACK. Thats right it's me. I found a way to unblock this site. So now we can be best buddies again!

Rich said...

hey, does anybody know if any of the division series will be a day game? my dad is able to get bleacher seats and i can only go if its a day game. hopefully too, it will be my first playoff game ever.

Anonymous said...

Well save your money, the Yankees suck.

Brian Danuff said...

I want to go to a playoff game this year so badly; it would be my first.

My parents said they're looking for tix, so hopefully they get some.

Greg Cohen said...

Hey Loser, tell your father to expect a phone call from me this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Whats my phone#? And i'm moving to New York Monday so i'll have a new one.

Liam Gallagher said...

Hey Jack, sense I didn't come back to school today, I don't have to see your ugly face again. BYE!

Greg Cohen said...

You think I'm stupid enough to type your number here? I'm not opening myself up to a lawsuit.

Greg Cohen said...

And Jack, you should listen to your father? This goes beyond you trying to annoy us. He's your dad and you should listen to him.

Liam Gallagher said...

Hey Greg, even though i'm not going to see you again Jack still don't annoy us and listen to your dad.

Greg Cohen said...

Hey Liam, how's it going? Why aren't you going to see Jack again?

Liam Gallagher said...

I'm very sick. It sucks.

Jack is moving. Thank god.

Greg Cohen said...

Sorry to hear that, it's not swine flu, is it?

Liam Gallagher said...

No it's not swine. My friend said that to me today when he was dropping off my homework.

Greg Cohen said...

That's the question I ask anyone who's sick now. Not because I'm worried about it or anything, but it seems appropriate.

Liam Gallagher said...

It does. Thats what I say too. But I had a nice day though. I was home alone. I played MLB09 and GTA4. And my dad is bringing home pizza home so it's all good. But I have a baseball game tomorrow and I have to miss it unless I feel better. It's gonna rain anyway though.

How do you think CC will do tonight?

Greg Cohen said...

CC should be fine... He's been amazing for the last two months so it should continue. Plus I'd hate to see that end the start before the playoffs.

Liam Gallagher said...

Yeah same here. But the only thing that I hate about the lineup tonight is that Molina is DHing.

Greg Cohen said...

LOL, I've put lineup blinders on since they clinched. I don't even pay attention to that anymore.

Liam Gallagher said...

Hahahaha. My dinner has come. See ya in a few hours or so hopefully.

Greg Cohen said...

Later Liam.

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea and I heard they'll be keeping it for next season. Now people who want to stand all game can actually purchase these standing room only or the cafe style tables and leave the seats to people like me who actually loves the upper deck. I can't tell you how many times this year I was enraged to find out that there were no seats left in the upper deck or bleachers. Than I'd look around the stadium and see plenty of open seats because everyone had moved down to stand. Now everyone who wants to stand will have a place to stand, perfect! Plus the more people the louder the place will be.