Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sorry Jorge, Molina Will Catch Burnett in the ALDS

According to Sam Borden, the Yankees have decided that Jose Molina will catch A.J. Burnett in division series. Borden also had this quote from Posada, and the veteran didn't seem happy.
“I just hope we win that game,” Posada said. “That’s all I’ve got to say.”

He added, “It’s not like I didn’t see it coming.”

To add to what Posada said, I think most people saw this coming. Batters hit .270/.353/.421 against Burnett in 16 games when Posada caught him this season, and just .221/.307/.352 when in 11 games that Molina was behind the plate. The fact that Molina cannot hit the broad side of a barn does worry me, though.

Another thing that bothers me a little is that Francisco Cervelli has once again been pushed aside for Molina. If you're wondering, batters hit just .204/.304/.327 against Burnett with Cervelli behind the plate, although it was only two games.

What do you guys think of all this?

blog comments powered by Disqus