Tuesday, November 17, 2009

11/17 Winter Ball Report

The Surprise Rafters defeated the Mesa Solar Sox 9-2 today to improve to 14-16. (Box Score-Recap)

Offense:

Colin Curtis: 2-for-4, HR, 2 RBI, BB, 2 R, SB (3)

Pitching:

Ian Kennedy (W, 2-1): 5 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, pitches-strikes: 66-50, 4.25 ERA

(click on pitcher's name for PitchFX data)

- Check out this article from MLB.com's Danny Wild about Ian Kennedy and his offseason in Arizona. Kennedy had this to say about today's performance:
"Today was probably the best I've thrown my two-seamer. I have lot more confidence with it," said Kennedy, who made one appearance with New York this season following surgery in May. "I've always said I needed to work on it before and now I've got a real solid chance to see the results. It's really hard during the season, you're trying to compete."
- Project Prospect came out with their list of the top 15 centerfield prospects, and recent Yankees draft pick Slade Heathcott was ranked 14th.

blog comments powered by Disqus