Thursday, November 5, 2009

#27 BABY!!! My Top Moments

YES!!! THE YANKS ARE BACK AT THE TOP OF THE BASEBALL WORLD, WHERE THEY BELONG, WITH CHAMPIONSHIP #27! This season has been great to all of us, so many great moments, so many to remember, and its hard to narrow them down to 10, but I will do that, and I think the other guys on the blog will too.
MY TOP 10 2009 MOMENTS:

#10. You know what, I know that it'll sound stupid, but all of the walkoff wins this year were great, and you can't really narrow them down. My #10 goes to the pies, and all the Yankee walkoff wins of 2009.

#9. A-Rod Comes Back. First Game. First at-bat. First pitch. First swing. First 2009 Home run. 29 more were to come, but come on, the first time he steps in the box after admitting to using steroids and having hip surgery- he hits a home run. Epic.

#8. Luis Castillo. "HE DROPPED THE BALL! HE DROPPED THE BALL!" Great times. The game basically shows the seasons of the two teams. The Mets were a dismal failure, the Yanks, always comin' from behind a winning in fashion. A-Rod, once again, in this one. I guess this is considered clutch? LOL

#7. April 16th and 17th. The 16th was the first game, the 17th the first win. Tons of firsts in those two days, just great to see the new stadium go on to a great first season ending like it did.

#6. A-Rod again. His walkoff HR against the Junichi Tazawa and the Red Sox was a great game. 15 innings, hard fought, and an amazing ending.

#5. Mariano's 500th save. Second pitcher to ever do it, Mo got 500 saves against the Mets back in the early summer. The greatest reliever of all time got his 500th, and many more outs this year that mattered so much.

#4. Jeter breaks Gehrig's Yankee hit record. Lou Gehrig, I think, is Top 10 in the greatest players ever. The Yankees are the greatest franchise in sports history. Consider those things and tell me that this doesn't matter. Great for Jeet.

#3. Winning the ALCS. I know, winning the ALCS is #3, what could be #2? But coming back to the promised land was a huge thing for the Yanks, putting them just 4 wins from their eventual 27 World Championship.

#2. ALDS Game #2. Yes, this is higher on my list than winning the ALCS. I think if the Yankees do not win this game like they did, it would have been SO much harder win the World Series. That's just my opinion, but I was ecstatic when this happened.

#1. Shane Victorino grounds out to Cano for the 27th out, clinching #27. I WENT CRAZY WHEN THIS HAPPENED!!! THE YANKEES HAVE WON THE WORLD SERIES!!! 9 years removed from their last WS Ring, the Yanks got back where they belonged, and they got their ring.

I know I probably left something off the list that you think should be here, please comment, don't rip me. THE YANKEES HAVE #27!!! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS 09!
great season, guys, see ya at the parade.

blog comments powered by Disqus