Tuesday, November 24, 2009

No Yankees Attend World Series DVD Premiere

As you know, last night was the premiere of the 2009 World Series DVD. The main event, complete with red carpet, took place at Manhattan's Ziegfeld Theater. Brian Cashman and Joe Girardi, along with the team's announcers were on hand, but no players decided to show up for the event.

I understand the season just ended and they're all probably on vacation somewhere, but as Neil Best reported this morning, many Giants, including Eli Manning, Michael Strahan, David Tyree, Antonio Pierce, Amani Toomer, Osi Umenyiora and Brandon Jacobs, showed up for the premiere of their Super Bowl DVD.

I'm not really bothered by this, but I guess it would have been nice if someone showed up. Anyway, according to Amazon.com the DVD should be out today. I will be making my way over to Modell's later to see if I can pick up a copy.

blog comments powered by Disqus