Monday, December 7, 2009

Bruney Headed To DC (Updated)

(Updated 5:20 p.m.) According to Marc Carig, the player to be named later in the trade will be the Nats' top pick in rule 5 draft.

(Updated 2:23 p.m.) Here's a couple quotes from Bruney about the move via Mark Feinsand:

"It's a fresh start. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to close some games, but no matter what, I’ll try to contribute in any way I can."

"Going from winning the WS with the Yankees to playing for the Nationals, that’s going to be different."

.......................

According to Joel Sherman, Brian Bruney has been traded to the Washington Nationals for a player to be named later.

This looks like a salary dump to me. They've now knocked another couple million off the books for next year. And depending on who that player is, it could turn out to be a good move on the field too, so until then I will reserve judgment.

blog comments powered by Disqus