Monday, April 12, 2010

Monahan To Attend Opening Day

According to George A King III, trainer Gene Monahan is expected to be in the Bronx for Tuesday's opening day. Here's more, including some quotes from the Yankees about seeing their beloved trainer:
"It's going to be great to see him. He has been missing all this time and it will be the first time we will see him since he got cancer and surgery and everything," Mariano Rivera said. "It's going to be nice."

Jorge Posada got choked up when asked what seeing Monahan will do for him.

"I miss Gino, I miss him a lot," Posada said of the long-time trainer who didn't attend spring training. "He is a big part of our team."

...

"It's cool," said Pettitte, who like Jeter, Rivera and Posada will add his fifth ring. "Unfortunately and fortunately, I am pitching so I don't know how the ceremony will work out. I might miss it."
Tuesday is really shaping up to be a special day.

blog comments powered by Disqus