Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Some Quotes From Curtis

Here's some quotes from Granderson via Bryan Hoch:

On his first year in Pinstripes:
"I look at the good and the bad," Granderson said. "As a team, we played well, and for myself individually there are a couple of things that I want to do better. There are things that you take with it that you're happy with, so it's kind of a mix. Of course the team is the most important, and I would have loved to continue playing. I'm excited for the 2011 season."
On his late-season adjustments at the plate:
"At the end of it, we just simplified everything," Granderson said. "The changes actually weren't that drastic; we just cut out things. The good thing about it is hopefully when I begin this offseason I'm able to easily pick back up what we'd been doing once I get down to Florida."
On the team the Yanks having going into 2011:
"You see the free agents that were available this offseason, and of course all 30 teams would have wanted a lot of those guys," Granderson said. "And of course you can't get everybody. We had a great team last year, and there's still a couple of question marks, like if Andy Pettitte is going to come back. But with the core that we have right now, I'm very happy and positive and excited about what we've got."
On those hated Boston Red Sox:
"The big thing for [Boston] is that they brought big pieces over," Granderson said. "Who wouldn't want Carl Crawford or Adrian Gonzalez? At the same time, it'll be a little adjustment period for them as well and I think a couple of pieces will have to move. They're going to be just as excited."
He also spoke about the "great moves" the Orioles made and the questions marks surrounding the Rays after an offseason spent watching a third of their team walk away.

blog comments powered by Disqus