Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Shelley Speaks

Kat O'Brien from Newsday and Ed Price of The Star Ledger posted some quotes from Shelley Duncan today. He was the only player to speak to the media today. Here is some of what he had to say:

On Roger Clemens:
"Roger was a great teammate last year. Getting to know him, he was a great man and a great influence in the clubhouse."

On Andy Pettitte: "He's probably as good a role model as anybody in this country. He's a good man."

On how the players' feel about all this steroid stuff:
"I guess it's entertainment for everybody," Duncan said. "I feel like with the players in the clubhouse, all this stuff is so two years ago. It really hasn't affected anybody in the last couple of years. And I think after seeing the (2005 hearings) in my mind when I see things and talk to people, nobody thinks about it and it really doesn't exist any more."

"To us, the issue has been over for a long time."

Does he think Roger Clemens is guilty? "I don't care."

On today's hearings: "I saw Henry Waxman at the start and that's when I started to fall asleep."

"When Roger speaks," Duncan said, "you believe him. When McNamee speaks, you start believing him. It goes back and forth. If there was a cage match between those two, that'd be a lot more fun to watch."

0 Comments: