Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Canseco claims he introduced A-Rod to a steroid dealer

In Canseco's new book "Vindicated," the former Bash-Brother says that he introduced the current Yankees third baseman to a steroid dealer, but did not inject him himself.

Canseco also claims that A-Rod was constantly trying to sleep with his wife, a former Hooters girl.

From Joe Lavin via Deadspin:

As for Alex Rodriguez, Canseco says he didn't inject Rodriguez, but that he "introduced Alex to a known supplier of steroids." Canseco didn't mention Rodriguez in the first book because he "hated the bastard." He was worried that people would have "questioned [his] motives" had he included Rodriguez.

Why all the hatred, you ask. Well, Canseco claims that A-Rod was trying to sleep with Canseco's wife. Apparently, even after Canseco had been nice enough to help A-Rod find a friendly steroids supplier, A-Rod kept calling Canseco's wife.

And, in case there's any further confusion about Canseco's true feelings, he ends the chapter by saying:

So A-Rod, if you're reading this book, and if I'm not getting through to you, let's get clear on one thing: I hate your f***ing guts.

Great way to start the year --Thanks Jose, you scumbag.... I don't know what to make of this, if anything. I've already implied that I don't have much respect for Jose Canseco, but he hasn't really been wrong with any of the names he mentioned previously. And that worries me a bit.

I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if I found out that A-Rod used steroids. It wouldn't surprise me at all. But at the same time, I don't think he did. We will probably never know the truth one way or another.

I just hope this doesn't become too big of a distraction, but we all know it will.

2 Comments:

seb3419 said...

Wow, I can't believe Conseco is still at it just ratting on more and more players just because he got caught first. Yea, using steriods is totally wrong and unfair to everyone, but lets face it nowadays steroid use is almost impossible to stop. So I think Canseco should shut up and let sleeping dogs lie.

Greg Cohen said...

I can't really blame Canseco, I mean, who doesn't want to make more money? But I do wish he'd shut up already.