Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Moose & Mo vs. the Minor Leaguers

From Peter Abraham:

Mariano Rivera vs. Class AA New Hampshire:

2 innings
0 hits
0 runs
0 walks
4 strikeouts
23 pitches / 16 strikes

“I felt good,” Rivera said after his first two-inning outing of the spring. “All of my pitches were in the strike zone. Everything is fine.”

Mike Mussina vs. Class AAA Syracuse:

6 innings
7 hits
3 runs
3 earned runs
0 walks
2 strikeouts
72 pitches / 53 strikes

... “I threw a couple of bad pitches that makes it looks worse than it was,” Mussina said.

Peter also said that Moose was throwing very well, and hitting 87-88 "when he needed it," and that the runs Moose allowed were in his final inning, and that it appeared that he was getting tired.

Here's another quote from Moose: "I'm just working on pitching. Nothing at 39 I'm trying to add. I'm just trying to work on being better than I was last year. I feel good. I feel healthy. For the most part, I think I'm doing what I want to do."


Hideki Matsui also played in the game vs. Syracuse and went 1-for-4 and played left for three innings.

"I feel pretty good," Matsui said through a translator. "The knee is fine. I feel fine in left field. If things go as planned, I should be ready for opening day."

0 Comments: