Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wilson Betemit is a Loser

No, I'm not talking about his .198 batting avg. this spring. Or his .229 avg. he had last year. I'm talking about his refusal to give up the No. 14 to Morgan Ensberg. Ensberg, who is currently wearing 21, wants to change numbers because as he puts it "I can't wear Paul O'Neill's number." Ensberg also wore No. 14 in high school (where it has been retired), and with the Astros. He even offered Betemit $5000 for the number, but Betemit still said no.

Geeez Wilson, it's not like you're playing well with that number anyway.

3 Comments:

Brian Danuff said...

I know that is crazy. But if Wilson Betemit did give up #14, what number what would he take?

Greg Cohen said...

I'm not sure, he could take 11 or something like that.

Mike said...

Both should feel fortunate enough to be wearing pinstripes, lets ditch the number thing and move on.