Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sveum or Gallego Could Coach Third

Well, at least according to George A King III they could.
With Dale Sveum out as the Brewers manager and having third base coaching experience with the Red Sox, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman was asked if Sveum was on the list of names to replace Bobby Meacham.

"Could not say yes or no, just looking for the right person," Cashman said yesterday.

The Yankees have an interest in Larry Bowa returning, but Bowa has to opt out of the final year of his two-year deal with the Dodgers before the Yankees officially can contact him. Former Yankees infielder and Rockies coach Mike Gallego is also in the mix.

Apparently Sveum wasn't too popular in Boston when he coached third there, Steve Lombardi has more on that over at WasWatching.com.

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

yea, i remember they all hated him up there.

Anonymous said...

How does Cashman saying "Could not say yes or no, just looking for the right person," translate into they're looking into the possibility of Sveum? I think this might just be a case of Cashman not wanting to say anything about the situation. With all the weird tampering rules, Cashman would most likely say the same thing when asked about any potential coach.

King at it again with his "I have nothing to report so I'll make something up."

Greg Cohen said...

Pinstripes,

That's why I started the post by saying "Well, at least according to George A King III they could".

Anonymous said...

And just to clarify - I'm not complaining about you posting this Greg - you should post anything and everything that you find. It's up to us to then discuss, share opinions, etc.

So if I ever sound like I'm replying to you specifically in a comment, I'm probably not... I'm usually directing my comments towards the source of the information.

Greg Cohen said...

Oh alright, cool. At first I did think you were complaining about me. Thanks for the clarification.

Anonymous said...

Not at all. I do that a lot, sort of talk to the "author" of an article, even if I know they can't hear me. In my head I know who I'm talking to, but sometimes I forget that other people aren't necessarily thinking along the same lines I am, and my intent can be misinterpreted.

Mike said...

King 3 is also reporting that ELVIS will sing the Anthem on opening day at the new stadium.

Greg Cohen said...

Hahahahaha

Mike B. said...

What? No Elvis? Well I won't be there then....

Mike