Saturday, April 11, 2009

CC Confident As He Heads Into Second Start

From Mark Feinsand:
Sabathia allowed six runs on eight hits and five walks in 4-1/3 innings on Monday in Baltimore, struggling with his fastball. Sabathia worked in the bullpen on Wednesday with pitching coach Dave Eiland, and the results from his side session left the ace in a positive state of mind.
The side session were done to correct a flaw in his mechanics. According to Peter Abraham, Sabathia said he was having issues with his foot work and was planting his front foot too quickly but also said the issues had been worked out.

OK, now back to the Feinsand article:

"I felt good," Sabathia said. "I'll just get back out there, throw to both sides of the plate and make sure I'm catching the plate instead of throwing off the corners."

Sabathia said he spent his bullpen session trying to hit the outer third of the plate on both sides rather than nibbling at the corners, giving him a wider target and some more room for error.

"I'm not trying to be too fine; I just want to get ahead," Sabathia said. "Anytime you struggle and follow that up with a good bullpen, you tend to carry that over with you to the mound."

I'm pretty confident too, and I think he'll go out there today and pitch a good game. And to be honest, I just hope he has a good game so I don't have to read all the 'sky is falling' articles tomorrow.

How do you think CC will do tonight? Post your prediction of his line in the comments section below.

19 Comments:

dan said...

7IP 2R 6H 2BB 8K and a W, I hope.

Anonymous said...

I think he'll dominate today.

7.1 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 5 H, 2 BB, 7 K

Greg Cohen said...

Damn I hope you guys are right.

dan said...

I dont think the Royals Offense is that good, and Jose Guillen is out thank god. Most of their better hitters are lefties so I think CC will keep them mostly quiet. As long as he can locate his pitches, I think he can pitch very well tonight.. plus there's less pressure on him after Burnett and Pettitte pitched very good, particularly Pettitte.

Greg Cohen said...

True, good points Dan.

Anonymous said...

8 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 11 K

Greg Cohen said...

Really Anon, you think he's gonna do that well?

Mr.Whitefolks said...

6.2 IP, 7H, 4ER, 3BB, 6K

Yanks win 7-6 (Bullpen finally gives up a few)

Hitler said...

0 IP 11H, 12ER 0K

Greg Cohen said...

lol Mr. Whitefolks.... Is that your other name, Hitler?

Anonymous said...

How come Joba is not pitching tonight?

Greg Cohen said...

They want to keep him on his normal rest, plus they lined him up for opening day.

Anonymous said...

6.0 IP 2ER 5H 5K 3BB 95 pitches

Anonymous said...

but what about jobas rest? he hasnt pitched in a few days now.

Greg Cohen said...

He pitched on Sunday in a minor league game.

Anonymous said...

so isnt a week without pitching alot? are they going with wang or joba tomorrow?

Greg Cohen said...

Yea I guess you could call it a lot, but I guess they aren't worried.

Joba will be starting tomorrow.

Mr.Whitefolks said...

Nope, this is definitely not Hitler.

Greg Cohen said...

Oh alright.