Thursday, May 7, 2009

Is Mo Hurt?

No, not because of the back-to-back homers, but because during the postgame Joe Girardi said that Mo was dealing with some arm issues last week which was why he wasn't used for five days, and used the word "tired" to describe how Mo felt. He also said that he's a little concerned about his velocity being down, and he believes it's due to the fact that he's coming off surgery.

What do you guys make of this?

UPDATE 11:23 P.M.:
Mo was asked on the postgame if his arm strength was where he wanted it to be. He paused and responded by saying "I've given my best... I don't think it's 100% yet, but you know that's no excuse. I wouldn't say that's the reason why I lost the game today ... I feel great ... the strength with be there." He also said that he thinks he can compete with what he has right now. But he agreed with Girardi about his velocity, saying he was concerned about it and that it was not quite there yet.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Cashman would walk into a VA clinic and sign everyone to 4 year deals worth $40m. It is no wonder this team is so bad.

Anonymous said...

Oh shit.

Will said...

Girardi reminds me a lot of George Bush. When he's got others throwing around money and hype he seems fine enough as a manager - the team mostly taking care of itself. But when the shit hits the fan he has no ideas - he looks like a deer caught in the headlights. He's not doing any original thinking.

I don't think the depth of the problems are all or even most girardis fault - but they are now hemoraging. A great manager might salvage thinks some how and keep the team above water untill things get straightened out. But with girardi they will bleed to death before the ambulance even gets here.

As for mo he's clearly either a. Old b. Injured c. Has bad coaching. Since he is old c is out, mo coaches himself. I don't have tv but sounds like is age has made his recovery slower and so he's got nothing. What the he'll went on in Tampa this year - throw another player on the list of medical issues the yank management missed. This team is disorganized from the head down.

rpb said...

When I went to the game against the Angels and sat behind home plate I noted to my daughter that there was no "pop" in Mo's velocity. When she called me tonight right after the 2nd HR I said the same thing. I think there is more to this story, whether it's arm trouble or simply needs more work to get the arm strength back up.

Raven King said...

Mo, just like Wang, has not fully recovered from his surgery and needs some physical therapy sessions?

Anonymous said...

I am not a big Joba to the pen guy. But if Mo is having arm issues would it not be better to try to get him to rehab that a little and use Joba as the closer?

Anonymous said...

Mo WILL come around. He had SURGERY. We do take him for granted. He's NOT someone people should be booing. He has given a LOT to the yankees for a long time unlike CC and TEX. When Mo screws up he feels bad, real bad. If he didnt make another save for the whole year my feelings wouldnt change about him. He DESERVES respect.

Greg Cohen said...

Anon, you're right.

He should never be booed.

He did have surgery and deserves a chance to heal like all normal people.

And he definitely deserves respect.

I also believe he will be fine. It's just about getting arm strength back.