Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Why It May Not Matter If CC Or Gaudin Go In Game 4

I know I may be getting a little ahead of myself, but I'd like to bring up the fact that all this controversy over using a 3-man rotation and weather to start Chad Gaudin or CC Sabathia in Game 4 may not mean anything come the day of Game 4. Here's why:

First of all, the Yankees are playing the first two games at Yankee Stadium, and they have CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett going up against Jon Lackey and Joe Saunders. Both of those matchups seem in the Yanks favor, and if the Yanks could at least win 1 game in the Bronx and possibly Game 3 in Anaheim, they would have a 2 games to one lead, and to me, I think the Yankees could afford starting Chad Gaudin in Game 4, even though it looks like CC will start Game 4.

I think this because remember, whoever starts Game 4, they'll be going up against Scott Kazmir, who has not had a very good season. He started Game 3 of the ALDS (thank you Name) at Fenway Park and allowed 5 runs in 6 innings of work, and obviously did not get off to a good start in the playoffs.

Also, some of you may not realize, Chad Gaudin is a good pitcher. Yeah, he's not nearly as good as CC or A.J., or Andy Pettitte, but he actually held the Angels to just 2 runs in 4.2 innings a couple of weeks ago when the Yankees clinched a playoff berth. And actually, that was at Angel Stadium. Plus, the Yankees offense is amazing, and I don't think they would have a hard time getting to Kazmir early and often.

I know some of you may strongly disagree, and this may not make any sense to you, but this is just my opinion. And if CC starts Game 4 and dominates, I'll have no complaints.

Thoughts?

blog comments powered by Disqus