Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hey, Sabathia And Burnett, Blow The Angels Away.

Wow, not enough words in the English, Spanish, Chinese, and Portuguese dictionaries combined to describe how I feel about Girardi right now, but that's besides the point.

My question to you guys is, and it's one I've been wondering since the minute Howie Kendrick crossed the plate yesterday, will the Yanks have to go back to NY for Game 6? Before the series started, I thought this was going to be a 6 game series, Yankees on top. But that was before the Yanks won the first two games, and led through 6 yesterday. I've heard from friends and sport analysts that the Yankees will win tonight (Sabathia vs Kazmir), I think they will too, but lose tomorrow with Lackey squaring off against Burnett. I know Burnett looked shaky in Game 2, but we won, he kept us in the game, and if it was facing John Lackey, we would have won too.

Burnett in his two starts this postseason (and his only two PS starts ever) has looked pretty good, that one wild inning in Game 2 on the LCS his only blemish. Lackey, on the other hand, looked great in the LDS, but couldn't cope with his defense making mistakes. Hey, that's what baseball's all about, rising above the failures.

Perhaps I'm getting a little ahead of myself, maybe I should be rooting and backing up Sabathia tonight, but then again, Burnett is going to have to face Lackey no matter what. My take, we better freaking win tonight- no reason in the WORLD the Yankees shouldn't win tonight- and I think the Yanks will. But I'm gonna give Burnett some more props than some others are, like my unnamed friend, looking at Newsday today. He sees the Yankees schedule, looks at tonight's game- says, "Win." Looks at tomorrow nights game, say "We'll lose that one." I don't feel that way at all, and no Yankee fan should.

What we really need is two starts that are worth all the freaking money the Yanks are paying these guys.

Sabathia and Burnett, blow the Angels away.

blog comments powered by Disqus