Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Predictions - One More Time

On the day pitchers and catchers reported, I posted my predictions for the upcoming season. Now, with the opening game of the 2008 season today in Japan I will re-post those predictions. I'll re-post them again around the All Star break, and at the end of the year, to check how I did.

Here they are, and no, I haven't edited them.

American League East
1. New York Yankees
2. Boston Red Sox (WC)
3. Toronto Blue Jays
4. Tampa Bay Rays
5. Baltimore Orioles

American League Central
1. Detroit Tigers
2. Cleveland Indians
3. Chicago White Sox
4. Minnesota Twins
5. Kansas City Royals

American League West
1. Seattle Mariners
2. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
3. Texas Rangers
4. Oakland A’s

National League East
1. New York Mets
2. Philadelphia Phillies
3.
Atlanta Braves
4. Washington Nationals
5. Florida Marlins

National League Central
1. Milwaukee Brewers
2. Chicago Cubs
3. Houston Astros
4. Cincinnati Reds
5. St. Louis Cardinals
6. Pittsburgh Pirates

National League West
1. Arizona Diamondbacks
2. Los Angeles Dodgers (WC)
3. Colorado Rockies
4. San Diego Padres
5. San Francisco Giants


PLAYOFFS

ALDS:
Yankees over Tigers 3-2, Boston over Seattle 3-0
ALCS: Yankees over Boston 4-3

NLDS: Mets over DBacks 3-1, Dodgers over Brewers 3-1
NLCS: Mets over Dodgers 4-2

World Series:
Yankees over Mets 4-3

AWARDS

AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez - .304, 48 HR, 140 RBI
NL MVP: Prince Fielder - .292, 52 HR, 126 RBI

AL Cy Young: Erik Bedard 18-8, 3.30 ERA
NL Cy Young: Johan Santana 20-5, 2.83 ERA

2008 All Star Game @ Yankee Stadium: AL wins 9-7.

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks good except for a couple things.
1) Indians are better than the Tigers, and the Royals are better than the Twins.
2) Reds are better than the Astros as well.

Mike said...

I will post my predictions in my blog tonight, but let me say this:

In the ALE I will flip flop your RSox/Yanks pick.

Mets will finish 3rd in the NLE.

Santana will be a bust.

Reds are better than 4th.

More on New York Yankees Update tonight.

http://nyyu.blogspot.com

Greg Cohen said...

I'll never pick the Sox over the Yanks, just can't do it.

Why will Santana be a bust?

You may be right about the Reds.

Mike said...

Santana is going from the worst division in baseball to the best division in the NL. He will be exposed as the .500 pitcher he really is. Thats why I didn't want him on the Yanks.

Greg Cohen said...

I don't know about that. First of all, I don't think the NL East is the best division in baseball, I think the AL east is.

Also NL lineups are overall much weaker than AL lineups because of the pitchers hitting. I think Santana is going to have a big year.

I hope you're right, though. How much fun would it be to watch Met fans go crazy because Santana was a bust?

Mike said...

I said the best division in the NL, not baseball. I agree with you that the ALE is best in baseball.

Santana will be the Mets' answer to Eddie Lee Whitson...you'll see!

My 2008 predictions are posted on my blog.

Greg Cohen said...

My bad Mike, I misread your post.

I hope you're right, like I said, it would be a lot of fun to witness the distress Met fans would go through if Johan is a bust.