Monday, July 7, 2008

Support The 'Stache

The Yankees have started the "Support the 'Stache" initiative to get fans to elect Jason Giambi to the AL All Star squad.

Here's the official press release from the Yankees:
Yankees urge fans to vote Jason Giambi for final All-Star Spot; announce "Support the 'Stache" initiative

The American Mustache Institute officially backs Giambi as their candidate.

The New York Yankees are urging fans to "Support the 'Stache" and vote for first baseman Jason Giambi on Major League Baseball's Final All-Star Ballot.

Fans can cast their votes for Giambi online, or by texting 'A2' to 36197 (or 88555 for those Yankees fans in Canada). Voting ends at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 10. Yankees fans are urged to vote early and often. By voting online, fans will be entered to win one of five authentic Jason Giambi autographed prizes.

The American Mustache Institute officially offered their support for Giambi's All-Star candidacy today.

"It doesn't take a mathematician to figure out that Jason Giambi's hitting prowess plus a fashionable mustache, equals a bona fide All-Star," said Aaron Perlut, Executive Director of The American Mustache Institute. "Giambi's significant first-half production as well as his powerful lip fur - indicating great intellect and good looks - make two very compelling reasons for his place on the American League All-Star roster."

Giambi is batting .256 (63-for-246) with 13 doubles, 18 home runs, 53RBI and 44BB in 78 games this season, leading the team in walks, tying for tops in homers and ranking second in RBI. He is currently tied for fifth in the American League in home runs, ranks seventh with a .393 on-base percentage and ninth with a .537 slugging percentage. In addition, Giambi leads the AL, averaging one home run every 13.7 at-bats and ranks second with 1RBI per 4.6 at-bats.

Vote here and vote often.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

how many times can one vote? I voted about 20-30 times already. I thought there was a 25 per person limit? Maybe not?

Greg Cohen said...

I'm not sure. I voted at least 25 times already myself.

Anonymous said...

Without hesitate, I bought eve isk , in the game I can find myself. I feel lonely, but I do not want to talk with anyone, so I buy isk . At present, think the happy day I spend in knight, I am eager to enter it, and buy eve online isk . Own eve online isk , it means that you own the life of happiness. So I will not leave cheap eve isk . It is the origin of the happiness.

Buy World of Kung fu Gold is the chance. I always have a bad dream when my account was theft, since I buy World of Kung fu Gold ; I had not had the bad memory. At present, I want to say thanks to the people who stole my account, if he did not to do that, I would not play game, I would not have WoKf gold . Although I have little cheap World of Kung fu Gold , I will on the way of the game for long time. At one time or another, I am a pessimistic person, but when I have World of Kung fu money , it changes my attitude of life.